February 4, 2011

I'm Still Here

Jeez this blog is getting annoying to update.. as the story goes. My purpose of this blog is to make myself "not too hard to find" in this world, keep fans updated on my whereabouts, provide athletes with advice, give a little insight into what it means to be a triathlete, and keep a progression log for myself.

Last weekend I took a break. A bit of a vacation from my life. I flew out to Tampa to visit my cousin and spend 3 days straight partying with friends. I was so happy to get out of this super cold weather here in VA. It was a great time and I miss it already. I wish I could post pics, but I did not take any good ones.. and the ones I have are not blog appropriate. And I'll leave it at "what happens in Tampa, stays in Tampa".

First thing I did when I got off the plane Sunday evening was hop on my bike for a 60 mile ride. The weather was awesome here in VA Beach (50s) and I was feeling guilty about partying 3 days straight. I averaged 24 mph on that ride. Completely fueled by pizza and beer. How many people can do that.

I don't live a "normal life" for a 20 something year old. If I even had to say that.. people who know me know that that is obvious. Going to work from 7am until 4pm. Then training from 4:30 till 8:00 most days. I'm lucky if I can make a decent dinner let alone watch a half hour of TV or read one of my science books before I go to bed and then do it all over again. I'm not complaining though, I chose this.

As far as this week went:

Besides 9 hours in the office everyday,

Monday included an hour of easy cross training, 45 minutes of easy swimming, and an hour of yoga and strength training.
Tuesday included an hour of tempo work on the trainer, a 1 hour swim, and 1 hour of strength training and yoga.
Wednesday included a 40 mile ride at ironman pace and a 2.5 mile run (yes my knee is feeling better and I'm slowly getting getting back into running.. slooooowly), a 30 minute endurance swim, and then an hour of strength training and yoga.
Thursday included an hour of cross training, 80 minutes of swimming, and a hour of strength training and yoga.
Friday (today) is a day off. Not because I feel like I need it, but to catch up on house work, bills, tv shows and movies.

So that is a just little insight into a week of mine.

In other news, I have received my new bike that I will be racing with this year. It is a beauty! It will take me some time to fit myself to the frame. I could go somewhere and pay 200+ to have myself fit by a pro-fitter, but I am confident on my own bike fitting skills, nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills so I should be able to fit myslef, right.

I'll be sure to put up some pics of this speed machine and my new bike (hahaha) as well next post.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Nice update. Sounds like some solid workouts!

I finally got swim hand paddles- any advice on using the?